- Voice Alarm: Announces the hazard type detected, thereby speeding up the correct reaction to the hazard. The alarm announces “Fire ” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected.
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm: A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Audio alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet. Test/Reset Button and LEDs – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement. Flashing green for regular operation and flashing red for alarm condition. Humidity Range: 10 percent to 95 percent relative humidity non-condensing
- Battery: Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur. The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED. The battery door will not close unless the batteries are correctly installed. Note: The date printed on the item is the manufacturing date, not the expiration date. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual.
- Voice Announcements: Hush Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms with “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement. If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit would announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident when the Test/ Reset button is pressed. Temperature Range: 40˚F (4. 4˚C) to 100˚F (37. 8˚C). Voltage (volts): 4. 5
Kidde 21026043 Battery-Operated (Not Hardwired) Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Voice Warning KN-COSM-BA. Interconnects – No. Easily replace the 2 AA batteries without disconnecting from the mounting bracket. This alarm model also includes a safety feature in the battery safeguard – The battery door will not close unless the batteries are correctly installed.
There’s nothing more important than keeping your family and home safe, and when fires are a prevalent type of emergency a homeowner can face, you want to be prepared. The Kidde KN-COSM-BA combination Fire Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector pairs two life-saving devices into one unit. It uses an ionization sensor and electrochemical sensor to monitor your home for potential hazards, so you will always feel safe and confident.