- BEWARE: Only products “Sold by” MAX’IS Creations and Maryland China Company are guaranteed genuine.
- Contact Amazon with any concerns.
- Play with your food with this slam dunk basketball mug with an attached hoop.
- Toss marshmallows into cocoa, crackers into soup, or toppings onto ice cream.
- Oversized 16 ounce mug measures 6.5″ L x 5″ W x 4.5″ H.
- Ceramic and dishwasher are safe; U.S. Patent No. D723,336.
How we got our start?
I came up with the idea for The mug with a hoop!® in art class when I was eight years old. Other kids started copying me, so I knew it was a good idea. My parents helped me pitch my opinion at a product innovation contest at Fenway Park, and I won the community vote setting our family business in motion.
What makes our product unique?
I created a new category of patented mugs that make eating and drinking fun. No one else ever thought to put a hoop or a goalpost on a cup for playing sports with your food. Also, I happen to have dyslexia, and we donate 5 percent of the profits from the sale of my mugs to dyslexia-related causes.
Why we love what we do?
I love that we get to work together as a family bringing us closer together and making a difference. My mugs bring people joy while at the same time inspiring others. We are proud to use my product idea to raise awareness and support for the 1 in 5 kids in the U.S. who think and learn differently.
Following commercial success with The Mug With A Hoop!, MAX’IS Creations has expanded to a multi-sport product line that includes mugs for baseball, football, soccer, and hockey.
Patented sports-themed mugs provide meal-time entertainment and a socially acceptable outlet for kids of all ages to play with their food! Cups have been featured in outlets such as Real Simple, The Today Show, Buzzfeed, Mashable, The Queen Latifah Show, The Chew, Creative Child Magazine, The Boston Business Journal, and The Boston Globe!